Skip to main content

Worlds Apart


Is the wasted time
pining over you 
while you chased Pohnpeian skirts
under palm trees

Is the Wisconsin & Chicago
winter wishing you'd finally
bring me warmth

Is the Connecticut apartment
as I worked that part-time job
long enough for you to
convalesce from arm surgery

Is the Florida sunshine
that turned to shouts & screams
among your sickening souvenirs 
from your romps in paradise

Is the moment I fled again
in disarray & confusion
& the many months
coming back when you can
only half love me

Is when you stopped receiving
my calls & texts altogether
even while you lived only less 
than a mile from me

Is now you are in my house
laying on the same intermittent bed
& all I can smell is
the smallness of you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty in My Catastrophes

My New Song & Music Video

Check out my new song and music video! http://cristinaquerrer.com

Abyss & the Sun by CQ

New Music Video!