Skip to main content

Some Sailor


"Christian" graphite on paper by Cristina Querrer
It could have been you,
as you always said.
Be happy, you'd say,
as you gallop
across the waves
in your toy boat.

I could have drawn
your form
while you were sleeping,
keep you immortal.

There are no pictures of us
to forget or adore,
only Neptune now knows
the truth of you.

& he will one day
spring from the sea
after sundry sailors
& foul fishermen

who scrape the sea floor
with careless anchors.
Each day I sketch
the shouts and screams
of your sirens
across your
Pacific sunsets.

Immortal only
are the waters
you rode on
for the nets you cast,
the bounty you caught
never belonged
to you.

You must pay it
back to the gods
& those inland
victims of yours
at every port.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty in My Catastrophes

My New Song & Music Video

Check out my new song and music video! http://cristinaquerrer.com

Abyss & the Sun by CQ

New Music Video!