Skip to main content

Episode 35: Daniel García Ordaz


Learn about Daniel García Ordaz, his poetry and insights.  He is a poet, songwriter and teacher from McCallen, TX, doing amazing things for his community as the founder of the Rio Grande Valley International Poetry Festival.





book cover of You Know What I'm Sayin'You can order here: 

book coverYou can order here:

Daniel's Poets & Writers page: 
https://www.pw.org/directory/writers/daniel_garcia_ordaz


Twitter: 

Our Serpent Tongue

Your Pedro Infantecide stops here.
There shall be no mending of the fence.
You set this bridge called my back
yard ablaze with partition, division
labelization, fronterization
y otras pendejadas de
alienization
Yo soy Tejan@
Mexico-American@
Chican@ Chingad@
Pagan@-Christian@
Pelad@ Fregad@
I flick the slit
at the tip of my tongue
con orgullo
knowing
que when a fork drops, es que ¡Ahí viene visita!
a woman is coming
a woman with cunning
a woman sin hombre with a forked tongue is running
her mouth—¡hocicona! ¡fregona!—
a serpent-tongued ¡chingona! with linguistic cunning
a cunning linguist
turning her broken token of your colonization
into healing
y pa’ decir la verdad
You are not my equal
You cannot speak like me
You will not speak for me
My dreams are not your dreams
My voice is not your voice
You yell, “Oh, dear Lord!”
in your dreams.
I scream “A la Chingada!”
in my nightmares
Your Pedro Infantecide stops here.
There shall be no mending of the fence.

Check out my first episode!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty in My Catastrophes

Episode 52: Pam Peacock

This week, I feature Filipinx visual artist, Pam Peacock.  She is the very talented younger sister of Eddie Peacock, a former classmate and neighbor of mine at Clark Air Force Base & Angeles City, Philippines. Listen to us discuss her work, her process, future plans, & how she is holding up during this pandemic. http://yourartsygirlpodcast.com http://thevoyagerpeacock.com              Check out my first episode!

My New Song & Music Video

Check out my new song and music video! http://cristinaquerrer.com