Skip to main content

Reconciling Lost Receipts


Could never use those coupons up
before they expire.
Forget where I put them.

How am I able to keep track
of all the things I could have saved?
Must have emptied more than 
a million trash cans in my lifetime.

Hauling off heaps of my heart
in rusty shipping containers overseas,
giving it away in suburbs.

In megapixels of my youth--no one
has given me proof of its gold,
its creditworthiness.

Old Sunday circulars' clippings
crammed in crusty corners of my purse.
Maybe there's a purpose for buying
overpriced souvenirs.

To come full-circle at your frugality.
Free yet fraught with old film reels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty in My Catastrophes

My New Song & Music Video

Check out my new song and music video! http://cristinaquerrer.com

Abyss & the Sun by CQ

New Music Video!